National Agricultural Library
Job Location: Maryland
Apply By: 09/23/2020
Date Created: 09-15-2020
The National Agricultural Library has vacancies for two GS-12 metadata (cataloging) librarians. The positions are located in Beltsville, Maryland, in the Data Production Division, Acquisition and Metadata Branch. The vacancy announcements close on Wednesday, September 23, 2020
The position is open to the public and merit promotion for current Federal employees.
These two positions in the Acquisitions and Metadata Branch will provide library technical services for bibliographic, scientific, and cultural heritage metadata services. We are seeking candidates with specialized experience in cataloging both print and non-print materials; monitoring quality and quantity of bibliographic maintenance; and supporting technical implementation of automated systems to assess data and resolve technical problems.
Major Duties Include:
• Catalogs both print and non-print material in agricultural and related fields using specialized knowledge of descriptive cataloging, classification and subject analysis
• Develops new and revised methods, techniques, and procedures for dealing with a wide array of cataloging, workflow, library system usage and data flows that do not lend themselves to traditional approaches.
• Prepare complex documents for staff use.
• Attends and participates in meetings, conferences, seminars, and projects, both internal and external to the National Agricultural Library (NAL).
• Evaluates policies, plans, systems, and related recommendations developed by NAL staff.
Occasional travel may be required.
Please direct questions to:
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. We also request that you share this announcement with other potential candidates.
Learn More »