RESEARCH SUPPORT LIBRARIAN - JOB# 49319
Research Support Librarian
Washington University in St. Louis School of Medicine
Job Location: Missouri
Apply By: 11.30/2020
Date Created: 11-05-2020
This position is part of Becker Medical Library’s team to support researchers and authors at the School of Medicine with publishing and research impact assessment services. This position will oversee the library’s institutional digital repository and provide analysis of bibliometric data and research-related outputs to assist administrators, academic units, and faculty with evaluation, and grant reporting requirements. This is a full-time, exempt position and reports to the Head, Data and Research Computing.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee the administration and development of library-managed institutional repository.
- Work as part of a team to collect and analyze data using various data sources and bibliometric methods to report the impact of faculty and institutional publishing and research activities, and provide support for grant applications and renewals.
- Provide assistance and develop support materials on scholarly publishing and assessment topics.
- Consult with faculty and administrative staff on scholarly publishing issues and policies.
- Provide information on options for dissemination, publication and preservation of scholarly works.
- Participate in library and university committees/projects to maintain effective library resources and services.
- Maintain awareness of trends related to publishing and research impact
- Equivalent of a master's degree in library science or a related area.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a member of a team
- Experience in libraries and/or academic setting.
- Demonstrated knowledge of bibliographic and citation databases.
- Proficiency with Excel or other spreadsheet/reporting platforms.
The hiring range for this position is $48,087 - $62,517 annually.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Learn More »