Collections & Partnerships Coordinator
Center for Research Libraries
Job Location: Illinois
Apply By: December 16, 2020
Date Created: 11-16-2020
The Center for Research Libraries
(CRL) is an international consortium of university, college, and independent research libraries collectively building, stewarding, and sharing a wealth of resource materials from all world regions to support inspired research and teaching.
CRL is seeking a motivated self-starter with demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with library professionals and scholars to manage and coordinate programs and partnerships that expand access to international resources for academic research and teaching. The position is responsible for the coordination of CRL’s ongoing collection programs as well as CRL’s Global Resources Partnerships (including LLMC, TRAIL, Linda Hall Library) and other major collaborations focused on providing widespread digital access to international content and documentation.
Provides oversight and support for CRL acquisitions and collections building activities, ensuring that CRL’s programs remain responsive to the evolving needs of member institutions.
- Develops and implements workflows to support content partnerships (cooperative content development, large scale digitization, and born digital initiatives) from content identification through completion.
- Coordinates complex, multi-institutional programs and partnerships, supporting the efficient administration of such aspects as membership management, communications and outreach, programmatic and financial management and reporting.
- Actively engages program leadership, governance, and memberships to ensure organizational continuity and to provide facilitated leadership to position members to engage with and inform program directions and strategy.
- Works with CRL departments and teams to optimize access to collections through appropriate discovery, access, and delivery mechanisms.
- Researches and identifies outreach activities to educate and create awareness of program objectives and successes within targeted member groups.
- Acts as liaison and provides staff support to relevant external advisory committees or oversight boards.
- Participates in grant writing and other efforts to develop and secure additional programs/project funding and support.
- Enthusiastically embraces the empathy, courage, self-reflection and respect of a multi-cultural, diverse and inclusive workplace, and who strive to incorporate those values in their work.
- Master’s Degree in library/information science or related field as well as training and/or coursework in relevant project/program subject matter area.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant professional experience in project development and management, with demonstrated experience and a proven record of accomplishment in one or more of the following areas: collection development and management, digital curation, digital conversion/reformatting, managing digitization workflows and metadata schema for diverse content, and born-digital Web archiving.
- No less than 1 year of supervision and professional development/training experience.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
- Proficiency in one or more non-English languages desired.
$47,071 minimum salary. Actual salary will depend on qualifications and experience. CRL offers excellent benefits, including health and retirement plans. Flexible work arrangements, including flex- time and telecommuting, are possible. The Center for Research Libraries is committed to fostering an organizational culture that fosters excellence and innovation through teamwork, continuous learning, and the foregrounding of diversity, inclusion, and equity in all aspects of our work.
To be considered for the position please submit a cover letter and resume or cover letter and CV to email@example.com
no later than December 16, 2020 (include the title of the position in the subject line).
CRL is committed to actively promoting the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion as key components for serving our members and advancing our global mission. As such, CRL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment, hiring and employment and is dedicated to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at CRL are based on organization needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. CRL will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Learn More »