Supervisory Librarian, Branch Chief Digitization and Access
National Agricultural Library
Job Location: Maryland
Apply By: 01/18/2021
Date Created: 12-30-2020
The National Agricultural Library has a vacancy for a GS-14 Supervisory Librarian. The position serves as the Branch Chief for the Digitization and Access Branch, in the Data Production Division. The position is located in Beltsville, MD. The job opportunity announcement closes on Monday, January 18, 2021
The Branch's mission is to acquire materials in agriculture and the disciplines, digitize content of the NAL collections, provide bibliographic access, produce metadata, produce content of AGRICOLA, and to develop the NALT. The Digitization & Access Branch digitizes existing NAL collections, processes metadata, provides collection management and curation, research and outreach.
- Identify, procure, and maintain digitization hardware and software.
- Administer appropriate techniques for the preservation and conservation of library materials.
- Oversee methods and techniques for storage and conservation of all library materials including archival storage for digital content.
- Manage sustainable digitization projects, including scope, cost, collaboration with other departments/institutions, timeline, delivery, and promotion strategies.
- Manage library collection programs and services.
Occasional travel may be required.
Please direct questions to:
Learn More »