Senior Research and Data Librarian
Harvard University Job Location: Massachusetts Apply By: Open until filled Date Created: 02-10-2021
- Serves as a resource to faculty, staff, and students on issues of data curation, data management, and research dissemination and preservation, assuming an active role in learning about emerging trends and practices at Harvard and the wider scholarly community.
- Working closely with the Library Director, establish strategic plan for a research data management (RDM) program at HKS, inclusive of data onboarding/offboarding training and data management plan consultation with researchers. RDM will focus on supporting the lifecycle of data from acquisition and/or creation of data through the dissemination and preservation, inclusive of curation, management, and analysis.
- Evaluate and support LKS research communications and dissemination services and initiatives; progressing and assessing established initiatives and establishing recommendations on new services and resources through close collaboration with research communication staff across HKS, including within LKS and the Office of Communications and Public Affairs.
- Deliver high quality, user-centered library and research services
- Evaluates data and research resources with Manager of Collections & Library Services, rationalizing collection development strategy and budget to consider and support various models of data acquisition
- Leads with the Manager of Collections & Library Services multifaceted internal communication efforts to promote awareness and discovery of library-managed resources and services
- Works closely with the Director and Manager of Collections & Library Services on professional development of LKS staff to meet the evolving needs of the community we serve.