Head of Access Services
Georgetown University Law Library Job Location: District of Columbia Apply By: Open until filled Date Created: 02-26-2021
Head of Access Services Georgetown University Law Library
Georgetown University Law Library, located in the nation’s capital, and within walking distance of the U.S. Congress and the Supreme Court, is one of the country’s premier legal research institutions, with a dynamic staff of more than 50 and a collection exceeding one million volumes. We strive to live up to our motto: “Supporting Scholarship, Excelling in Service, Leading in Technology.”
The Head of Access Services oversees all operations of the Access Services department including circulation, reserve, interlibrary loan, the public patron program, media services, as well as planning and overseeing projects involving the physical collections of the law library, including shelving material, shifting the collection, planning the layout of the collection, and monitoring the collection’s use and growth. The Head of Access Services is directly responsible for establishing, implementing, and evaluating policies and procedures in the Access Services department. This position reports to the Deputy Director of the Law Library.
- Master’s degree from an ALA-accredited school of library and/or information studies
- Three years of library experience
- Supervisory experience
- Experience using integrated library systems (preferably Ex Libris ALMA) and interlibrary loan systems
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities in a dynamic and changing environment
- Commitment to enhancing services through teamwork and responsiveness to clients
- Knowledge of legal materials
- Law library experience
- Juris Doctor from ABA-accredited institution or equivalent
Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please submit an application via the Georgetown University Human Resources Joblist website and include a cover letter. Preferably these documents should be combined into a single PDF.
Position open until filled. Application review will begin Monday, April 5, 2021. If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Georgetown University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce.