Startup Team Builder
Slater Technology Fund Job Location: Rhode Island Apply By: Open until filled Date Created: 03-12-2021
We’re Hiring: Startup Team Researcher
The Slater Technology Fund is an early-stage venture fund in Providence, RI with a diverse range of startups in its portfolio. We love to work with founders on ambitious ventures at the earliest stage, and recently won a grant to work with Brown University (details here). We’re hiring a full-time Analyst to help our investment team, advisors, and portfolio companies. As an Analyst at Slater you’ll work on a broad range of topics across industries and technology areas with a primary focus on identifying key people in the early life of a start-up. Typical assignments will include:
- Use PitchBook, LinkedIn, and other databases to build lists of startup founders, experts/advisors, or investors we could pull into our early-stage opportunities;
- Conduct market research, sizing, and competitive analysis to identify key companies in a given ecosystem, and the individuals who drove their success;
- Conduct intellectual property research and database searches.
- As part of our investment team, we’d expect the following (and don’t be shy about letting us know if you have any of the “extra credit” skills or other qualities you think would be helpful in the position):
Required Skills and Traits
- Curiosity, drive, and initiative;
- Ability to work on a small team;
- Demonstrated ability to define and run research projects (please submit a sample work product with your intro email);
- Highly competent spreadsheet user (Excel and Google Sheets);
- Better-than-average PowerPoint/Google Slides skills;
- Good writer.
- Prior experience in venture capital, strategic consulting, investment banking, equity research or business or corporate development;
- Library/information sciences degree;
- Sector experience in any of software, materials science, pharmaceuticals, AI, or medical devices;
- Data science experience;
- Good design sense (graphics, document layout).
Ultimately a full-time position, the role will likely start off as an independent contract. Ideally, you’re located around the Providence area, but we’d entertain mostly-virtual candidates.
Interested? Send an introductory email, resume, and sample work product to email@example.com.