Science Librarian - General Librarian
Job Location: Louisiana
Apply By: Open Until FIlled
Date Created: 05-27-2021
Reporting to the Head of Research and Instruction Services, the Science Librarian will be responsible for liaison duties, instruction, and collection development in all the sciences. The incumbent will work with the STEM Librarian and the Programming Librarian in delivering services to students and faculty in Agriculture, STEM, and other related fields.
- 60% Assists STEM Librarian and the Programming Librarian in providing library services to STEM and Agriculture disciplines. Provides instruction services for lower level science-related courses and provides library instruction for general library training sessions as needed.
- 20% Assists Programming Librarian in planning and executing Libraries events.
- 10% Develops discipline specific Web pages and other Internet-based materials, such as tutorials and subject, topic, and course guides.
- 5% Provides general and specialized research services through Chat and Ask Us web services.
- 5% Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: MLIS or MLS from an ALA accredited institution. 1 or more years of experience in a library setting
Special Qualifications: Willing to work nights and/or weekends for events as needed
Please attach a cover letter with your resume/C.V. Provide three professional references including name, title, phone number and e-mail address. A copy of your transcript(s) may be attached to your application (if available). However, original transcripts are required prior to hire.
Position will remain open until filled
Additional Position Information:
Background Check - An offer of employment is contingent on a satisfactory pre-employment background check.
Benefits - LSU offers outstanding benefits to eligible employees and their dependents including health, life, dental, and vision insurance; flexible spending accounts; retirement options; various leave options; paid holidays; wellness benefits; tuition exemption for qualified positions; training and development opportunities; employee discounts; and more!
LSU is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
LSU believes diversity, equity, and inclusion enrich the educational experience of our students, faculty, and staff, and are necessary to prepare all people to thrive personally and professionally in a global society. We celebrate diversity and are committed to the principles of diversity and inclusion. We actively seek and encourage qualified applications from persons with diverse backgrounds, cultures and experiences. To learn more about how LSU is committed to diversity and inclusivity, please see LSU's Diversity Statement and Roadmap. Persons needing accommodations or assistance with the accessibility of materials related to this search are encouraged to contact the Office of Human Resource Management (firstname.lastname@example.org).
HCM Contact Information:
Questions or concerns can be directed to the LSU Human Resources Management Office at 225-578-8200 or emailed HR@lsu.edu
Learn More »