Technical Services Associate II (Cataloger)
Georgia Institute of Technology Job Location: Georgia Apply By: 08/19/21 Date Created: 07-20-2021
Responsible for the day-to-day processing of digital and physical material requests, including cataloging, acquisitions, e-resources, course reserves, and resource sharing. Works independently and as part of a team, aiding in the development of workflows, implementing strategic projects, and troubleshooting problems. Provides guidance and training to other library staff members. Individual responsibilities will vary. This position will interact on a regular basis with: faculty, students, staff, unit management, vendors. This position typically will advise and counsel: faculty, students, unit staff.
Provide a wide array of access and technical services for the Library. The duties to follow cover the key responsibilities for the department as a whole; individual responsibilities will vary.
- Catalog library material of various formats following existing national standards and local practices. Perform complex copy-cataloging. Update all types of Integrated Library System (ILS) records such as bibliographic, item, authority, and holding records. Coordinate and execute batch loading of catalog records received from vendors, resolving duplicate record and other load problems.
- Build, edit, and manipulate library data in batch. Make global changes to catalog metadata.
- Receive and process serial issues and standing orders to ensure immediate availability of complete holdings, and longer-term selection/collation/handling of volumes for binding to ensure continued integrity and availability of journal collections for library users.
- Create purchase order records and process invoices related to acquisition of library materials. Work with acquisitions librarian to monitor funds, troubleshoot invoicing issues, and monitor expenditures in appropriate systems. Order library materials using appropriate systems, ensuring proper fund codes are used. Create brief bibliographic and item level records for ordered materials by using a library services platform.
- Work with librarian faculty to troubleshoot customer access to licensed electronic content. E-resource access verification including activation and quality control of data. Maintain holding information in Integrated Library System for electronic content. Input license data in LMS. Assist with SUSHI (data harvesting protocol) set-up and maintenance.
- Manage Course Reserve requests for various formats from faculty. Act as point of contact for faculty and colleges. Ensure copyright compliance thru special permission, application of fair use, or pay for permission. Participate in the collective processing of ILL borrowing/lending materials, transactions, and processes. Review exception queues in ILL management system and takes appropriate actions to resolve. Ensure copyright compliance thru special permission, application of fair use, or pay for permission.
- Assist other library staff members in meeting user needs such as problem reporting, solutions, and workarounds training. Perform a quality control audit of responses. Provide periodical statistical data and assist with metric reporting. Participate in a variety of library projects and initiatives.
- Engage in learning opportunities with other Library areas to gain a broader knowledge of the services the organization provides.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Primary responsibility for this position:
Performs complex cataloging for all materials and media types according to national standards, including MARC, Dubin Core, and RDA. Build, edit, and manipulate data utilizing batch processing tools, such as MarcEdit. Participates in authority work. Interest in developing knowledge and practice in BIBFRAME and forthcoming linked data initiatives.
Technical Diploma, Associate's degree, or two years college work or equivalent combination of education and experience
Four to six years job related experience Preferred Qualifications Additional Preferred Qualifications Alma Administration Certification
Preferred Educational Qualifications
Six to seven years job related experience
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
SKILLS Specialized skills required: ability to use various modules of an integrated library system including cataloging, acquisition, serials, and patron management; working knowledge of OCLC interfaces and software; library experience working in technical services; intermediate knowledge of office related computer applications; ability to work independently, collaboratively and in teams within the Library; maintain professional customer relations; strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to maintain concentration on detailed information over an extended period of time; ability to effectively switch tasks; and the capability to independently learn new technologies and their applications in libraries
Specialized skills preferred: Advanced proficiency In Alma, ILLiad, and/or Ares; experience in trouble shooting issues, experience leading team initiatives. Experience using GOBI and/or Oasis. Experience using MarcEdit.
Equal Employment Opportunity Georgia Tech provides equal opportunity to all faculty, staff, students, and all other members of the Georgia Tech community, including applicants for admission and/or employment, contractors, volunteers, and participants in institutional programs, activities, or services. Georgia Tech complies with all applicable laws and regulations governing equal opportunity in the workplace and in educational activities. Georgia Tech prohibits discrimination, including discriminatory harassment, on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or veteran status in its programs, activities, employment, and admissions. This prohibition applies to faculty, staff, students, and all other members of the Georgia Tech community, including affiliates, invitees, and guests
The position, depending on experience,will pay between $45,000-$50,000 plus full benefits.
This position is based on the Georgia Tech campus in Atlanta, GA and does not offer relocation or a remote working option.
If interested, please apply at https://library.gatech.edu/jobs