Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey Job Location: New Jersey Apply By: 10/7/2021 Date Created: 09-01-2021
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is seeking a Editorial/Media Specialist for University Relations Creative Services. Reporting to the Assistant Director, Editorial Services, the Editorial/Media Specialist (catalog editor) is responsible for coordinating the production of 19 academic course catalogs using a web-based content management system (CMS). The positions works with school deans, senior administrators, and department chairs to produce undergraduate and graduate catalogs. Editorial responsibilities include copyediting, proofreading, and fact checking. Sets and adheres to schedules, establishes and manages workflows, trains clients on the CMS, and troubleshoots system problems and coordinates solutions with IT staff.
Among the key duties of this position are the following:
- Manage the production of 19 academic course catalogs on a two-year schedule that includes establishing and maintaining the master catalog schedule; setting and tracking individual catalog production schedules; working with clients and managing input, updates, and approvals; overseeing and approving each workﬂow stage; and working with the web team to make all content live.
- Add new catalog clients into catalog system and work with them to establish workﬂow and approval stages.
- For undergraduate and graduate catalogs, coordination required with faculty and staff from multiple schools. This position must ensure progress of each school’s section to ensure timely delivery of overall catalog with the utmost attention to client satisfaction.
- Update and maintain catalog pages on Rutgers.edu.
- Create PDF versions of catalogs as required by the State of New Jersey (e.g., for veterans affairs purposes).
- Maintain accurate records and keep project management system (e.g., FileMaker Pro) up to date.
- Enter all work into monthly tracking system.
- Adhere to in-house processes and inform clients, supervisor, and colleagues of project progress. Maintain and update catalog procedures documentation.
- Copyedit, proofread, and fact check content of catalogs and other communications.