Director of the Standish Library, Siena College
Job Location: New York
Apply By: http://siena.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=136153
Date Created: 09-07-2021
About Siena College:
Located in Loudonville, New York-just 10 minutes from the state capital of Albany-the Siena experience is built for a new generation of leaders eager to create a more just, peaceful and humane world. Each year, more than 3,000 Saints are empowered through a transformative journey of intellectual, spiritual and personal discovery. The Education for a Lifetime is made possible through a workforce of highly qualified and competent faculty, administrators and staff committed to fulfilling the Siena mission.
The Director of the Standish Library coordinates the development of the vision and strategic planning process for the library. In addition, the Director represents the Library in the overall College strategic planning process. The Director is responsible for the library resources and services that support the College's curriculum, the research needs of students and faculty, and the overall administration of the Standish Library. The Library Director is also responsible for the College's records management and archives
, art curatorial collections/services, and multimedia collections/services.
The Standish Library is a three story, 72,000 sq. ft. facility that features active learning spaces, an instruction lab, group study rooms, an art gallery and the Digital Scholarship Center. The staff of the library currently includes 7 full-time librarians, 2 adjunct librarians and a fine arts curator, 7 support staff and 35 student assistants. Librarians are faculty and the Director of the Library holds
the rank of full Librarian.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Plan, develop, manage and assess the effectiveness of the Library’s educational services which include collection selection and use, instruction, research assistance, multimedia services, resources and facilities, archives and digital scholarship support provided to Siena’s students and faculty.
2. Coordinate the Library’s services and resources with academic departments, campus administrative units, campus committees, outside vendors and institutions, networks and consortia.
3. Direct the human resource management of the Library including assignment of duties, hiring, supervision and evaluation. Serves in the role of dean/department head in matters related to library faculty.
4. Prepare, monitor, authorize and assess budget allocations including personnel, facilities, information technology, strategic planning, materials, equipment and contract services. Develop grants, solicit gifts.
5. Develop and maintain contact with vendors, networks, consortia and other cooperative ventures to improve delivery of services and resources to Siena students and faculty.
6. Oversee operations of the Library facilities, records management, automation systems, electronic resources, college archives, art curatorial services and the Digital Scholarship Center.
7. Serve as an active member of the Senior Academic Team at Siena College.
8. Oversee and participate in the Library’s collection development, instructional and research assistance services as appropriate to the Director’s fields of expertise and experience, at the Director’s discretion.
- American Library Association (ALA) accredited Master’s degree. A second Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of eight (8) years academic library experience with increasing levels of supervisory and administrative experience.
- Record of achievements evincing a range of administrative and leadership abilities.
- Broad and in-depth knowledge of and leadership in library technologies and academic library trends.
- Record of cooperation and collaboration with library staff, other campus units, and consortia. Demonstrated collaboration with Information Technology and Instructional Design staff.
- Evidence of a record of successful compassionate leadership. Demonstrated evidence of effective staff development and mentoring.
- Vitae to meet the requirement (teaching, service and scholarship) for an appointment to the rank of full Librarian
- Articulation of a vision for the future of liberal arts college libraries.
A background screening is required.
Siena College is a Franciscan and Catholic institution and expects members of its community to be knowledgeable about its mission and to make a positive contribution to that mission.
Siena College is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
A COVID-19 vaccination is required for employees pursuant to the COVID-19 policy.
Please submit cover letter, CV and contact information for 3 references to http://siena.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=136153
Learn More »