Director, Library Operations
Texa State University Job Location: Texas Apply By: Open until filled Date Created: 09-14-2021
The University Libraries at Texas State University are seeking qualified applicants for our Director of Library Operations position. Reporting to the Associate Vice President and University Librarian (AVPUL), this position provides creative leadership, direction, and development skills as part of the University Libraries Director’s Council.
Lead, manage, and supervise financial, human resource, and facilities management functions for the libraries, which includes a large, multi-funded operating and acquisitions budget of over $20 million annually, a staff of 100+, the 300,000 square foot Alkek Library facility, the Archives and Research Center (ARC) and the Round Rock Campus Library. Perform regular statistical reporting for the University Libraries. May serve as primary point of contact in the absence of AVPUL. Keep informed of advancements in academic libraries and areas of responsibility to bring best practices and innovation to the University Libraries.
- A record of progressively responsible related experience
- Demonstrated leadership and managerial skills
- Experience developing and implementing policies and procedures related to financial, human resource, and/or facilities management
- Ability to supervise, direct and evaluate the work of others and explain policies, work procedures and expectations
- Understanding of and ability to provide guidance for organizational and staff planning
- Ability to observe situations, interactions and human dynamics within library and university groups and facilitate successful interactions and problem-solving
- Ability to manage time effectively and meet priorities and deadlines
- Project management experience
- Ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner; work effectively in a team environment with a strong commitment to service
- Computer hardware and software skills, including Microsoft Office (especially Excel), Microsoft 365 tools, and databases and online portals (such as SAP, PeopleAdmin, and Success Factors)
- Intermediate math skills to analyze, interpret and develop reports, budgets, metrics, and salary data
- Ability to address numerous daily issues/problems submitted by internal and external parties, develop solutions, and perform actions to resolve problems in an equitable and timely manner.
Master’s degree in a related field. Knowledge of academic library operations and university organizational structure; knowledge of safety and emergency procedures; familiarity with facilities operations.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. Benefits include monthly contribution to health insurance/benefits package and retirement program. No state or local income tax.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of a criminal history background check. This includes transfers and promotions from within.
Apply online at http://jobs.hr.txstate.edu.
The University Libraries advance the teaching and research mission of the University and support students, faculty, staff and the greater community by providing patron‐centered services, comprehensive and diverse collections, individual and collaborative learning environments, innovative technologies, and opportunities to learn, create and discover. The University Libraries is a member of the Association of Research Libraries, the Greater Western Library Alliance, and the Texas Digital Library. Learn more about the University Libraries through our website at http://www.library.txstate.edu/.
Texas State University is an emerging research institution located in the burgeoning Austin-San Antonio corridor and in the beautiful Texas Hill Country. It is the largest of seven institutions in the Texas State University System. Texas State’s nearly 38,000 students choose from 98 bachelor’s, 92 master’s and 13 doctoral degree programs. http://www.txstate.edu. We regard diversity as paramount to realizing an inclusive atmosphere of mutual respect, fairness, compassion and caring for students, faculty, staff and the community.
Texas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Texas State, a member of the Texas State University System, is committed to increasing the number of women and minorities in administrative and professional positions. Texas State offers great health insurance with various coverage options starting your first day of employment for full-time employees with Texas State paying 100% of the employee premium and 50% for dependents. Other benefits include generous paid time off, vacation, holidays, sick time, excellent work-life balance resources, mother and family-friendly resources in addition to a comprehensive, free, wellness program. Great professional development opportunities range from a variety of workshops, training, online learning and educational leave programs and reimbursement for academic courses. An inclusive Bobcat community provides many social network offerings on and off campus. Retirement peace of mind comes with TRS pension/optional retirement planning and voluntary savings options with generous employer contributions. By joining the Texas State Bobcat community, you will be a part of one of the most beautiful and diverse universities in the nation.