Library Specialist – Guest Services
University of Texas at Arlington Job Location: Texas Apply By: Open until filled Date Created: 08-10-2022
Job SummaryThe Library Specialist provides leadership for extraordinary customer service experiences within a dynamic, high volume, 24/7 perpetual beta environment by assisting with student hiring, training, and supervision for the Guest Services division of Experiential Learning and Outreach Department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Engages in a team-based leadership model to manage circulation processes and the Libraries’ general service areas which include the first floor, second floor, West Campus Library, and North Campus Library.
- Assist with the hiring, supervision, and training of a talented pool of students who will provide high-level customer experience and lending services.
- Collaborate with colleagues throughout the Libraries and across campus to highlight and connect students, faculty, and staff with Libraries’ services, resources, and partnerships that meet their needs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED
- Two (2) years related experience
- Computer literate and technologically adept
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, specifically Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Proficiency in Windows Operating System and file management