Library Technology Coordinator
Dartmouth College Library Job Location: New Hampshire Apply By: Open until filled Date Created: 10-20-2021
The Dartmouth College Library is seeking a skilled and motivated colleague for our Library Technology Coordinator position. We're looking for someone who can work well in support of a staff of around 130 people who have varying levels of comfort with technology.
The chief responsibility of this position will be making sure that hardware and software work well for library staff.
Some key duties:
- provisioning, supporting and maintaining laptops, desktops computers, electronic displays, and more
- making recommendations about what technology might be appropriate for a given use case
- configuring and supporting meeting spaces where staff working in-person can meet with staff working remotely
- supporting some of the systems the library uses to do its work - this will include troubleshooting for our Ex Libris Alma system, training staff, and tracking service requests with vendors
- provisioning and maintaining patron-facing computers and printers
- working with our IT colleagues to ensure that the library’s technology for meeting and teaching spaces matches the technology used in classrooms across campus
Troubleshooting, creating documentation about common technology problems and solutions, and bringing a systematic approach to the library’s technology practices will be keys to success in this position.
The Dartmouth College Library is an organization with a strong culture of collaboration. We’re working hard to make the Library a great place to work, with ongoing efforts to build pathways for professional growth for all staff, as well as trying to recruit and retain a more diverse workforce through the work of the Dean’s Council for Equity and inclusion.
Come live in the Upper Valley of the Connecticut River, a great area for outdoor activities. Enjoy commutes without traffic, and the natural beauty of New England, while becoming part of one of the tight-knit local communities in the area. It’s also easy to take a day-trip to the ocean, the White Mountains, or Boston.
The hiring salary range is $65,625- $79,688
To learn more and to apply, go to https://searchjobs.dartmouth.edu/postings/59767
Dartmouth College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any other legally protected status. Applications by members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged.
Founded in 1769, Dartmouth is a member of the Ivy League and consistently ranks among the world’s greatest academic institutions. The Dartmouth Library is dedicated to supporting teaching, learning, and research and works in partnership with the students and faculty of the School of Arts & Sciences, the Thayer School of Engineering, the Tuck School of Business, the Geisel School of Medicine, and the Guarini School of Graduate and Advanced Studies. Dartmouth Library is supported by a highly committed staff of about 130. The Dartmouth College Library is a member of the Ivy Plus Libraries Confederation, the Association of Research Libraries, CRL, NERL, HathiTrust, CLIR/DLF, and the Library Publishing Coalition.