Student Engagement Librarian
Florida State University Libraries Job Location: Florida Apply By: 10/10/2022 Date Created: 12-09-2021
Are you looking for an opportunity to:
- Grow as a librarian and manager in a creative, collegial environment?
- Facilitate student success by leading transformative library services?
- Develop innovations to traditional services with thought-leaders in our profession?
- Work at a major research university library that values empowerment, inclusivity, and service excellence?
- Outreach: Connect students with library spaces, resources, and services through creative, innovative programming and by strengthening our partnerships with student organizations, university departments, and other stakeholders. Champion and enhance the library’s value and relevance by designing transformative experiences that spark intellectual discovery and engagement, and help other librarians do the same.
- Student Experience Design: Facilitate our achievement of seamless, student-centered services by leading projects and programs that help us identify and respond to user needs. Develop systems for student engagement by which we can listen to and learn from our users themselves, then collaborate with teams across the library to enhance our services, spaces, and collections so our students will have the best possible library experiences, both in-person and online.
- Provide comprehensive leadership for the FSU Libraries’ programs in Outreach and Student Experience Design
- Enhance the Libraries’ impact by developing mutually beneficial partnerships with other organizations and leaders across campus
- Hire, train, and supervise departmental staff (currently 2 FTE) in coordination with administration and colleagues
- Develop and communicate effective assessments and evaluations of services and projects to maintain our goal of superior service
- Work collaboratively to support outreach, engagement, and student success initiatives in the department and throughout the Libraries.
- Serve on library, campus, and consortia committees as appropriate
- Contribute to state, regional and national professional organizations
- Participate in research, publication, and other professional and scholarly activities
- Master's degree in Library and Information Science or other relevant graduate degree such as Communication or User Experience (required)
- Demonstrated success delivering services related to the areas of responsibility
- Motivated to champion libraries and enhance our impact on student success
- Awareness and interest of current issues, trends, and technologies affecting higher education and academic libraries
- Commitment to and enthusiasm for delivering excellent library experiences, including assessment and engagement with scholars
- Enthusiastic about collaborating with colleagues, faculty, and students from diverse backgrounds and disciplines
- Flexibility to adapt to changing organizational priorities and technological environments
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Anticipated Salary Range
Minimum $57,000 annually; salary commensurate with education and experience. Excellent benefits. Professional development funding is provided, mentoring, and the opportunity to work on cross-functional teams and faculty committees.
How To Apply
If qualified and interested in a specific Faculty job opening as advertised, apply to Florida State University at https://hr.fsu.edu/facultyjobs. If you are a current FSU employee, apply via myFSU > Self Service. Applicants are required to complete the online application with all applicable information. Applications must include education details even if attaching a Vita.
Equal Employment Opportunity
An Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Employer. FSU's Equal Opportunity Statement can be accessed at: https://hr.fsu.edu/sites/g/files/upcbnu2186/files/PDF/Publications/diversity/EEO_Statement.pdf.