Coordinator I, Special Programs - FabLab
University of Texas at Arlington Job Location: Texas Apply By: Open until filled Date Created: 05-16-2022
The FabLab Coordinator I facilitates the efficient operation and assessment of the UTA FabLab and the advancement of services to meet the needs of diverse FabLab learners. The Coordinator serves as a proactive ambassador for the Libraries and University providing extraordinary customer experiences for the UTA community, guests, partners, and colleagues within a dynamic, high-volume, 24/7 environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborates with FabLab leadership team to hire, train, and supervise student employees within the department.
- Maintains personnel paperwork related to student employees.
- Oversees effective scheduling of student employees throughout each semester, including training, outreach, and shop room calendars.
- Coordinates, develops, and oversees tours and tabling events to promote the FabLab.
- Oversees lab operations including (i.e. access, external memberships, creating billing invoices, order and maintain supply inventory, tool lending, safety compliance, etc.) and documentation for the lab.
- Evaluates statistics and reports to make data-driven decisions for the continual improvement of the lab.
- Serves as a backup for student employees to ensure adequate staffing of the space.
- Engages in cross-departmental strategic, communication and functional task forces within University Libraries.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field. Two (2) years related experience.
Our future colleague will also have an affinity for our Guiding Principles. These principles define HOW we do our work. These are our Guiding Principles exemplified through how we treat our colleagues:
- We Care. We care about you, your success, your growth, your passions and all that you bring to the table.
- We Empower. We empower our staff to be creative, think outside the box, work autonomously, and provide resources necessary for success.
- We Take Ownership. We take ownership of our organizational culture and YOU take ownership of how our culture is shaped.
- We Are Extraordinary. We are extraordinary because we attract and hire extraordinarily talented individuals like you!
APPLY NOW – We can’t wait to welcome you to our team. Please submit applications at https://uta.peopleadmin.com/postings/17522
UTA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution. Minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Additionally, the University prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of sexual orientation. A criminal background check will be conducted on finalists. The UTA is a tobacco free campus.