Robert W. Woodruff Library at Atlanta University Center Job Location: Georgia Apply By: Open until filled Date Created: 05-18-2022
The Atlanta University Center Robert W. Woodruff Library supports the teaching and learning missions of four institutions of higher learning that comprise the world’s largest consortium of HBCUs—Clark Atlanta University, the Interdenominational Theological Center, Morehouse College, and Spelman College. Conveniently located and easily accessible to the campuses, the Woodruff Library is the center of the intellectual and social life at the Atlanta University Center.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The Atlanta University Center Robert W. Woodruff Library is committed to displaying excellence in our delivery of service and is known for transformative change in innovative services and programs. Our organizational culture is represented by a staff of engaged and highly motivated individuals and is one in which entrepreneurial thinking is encouraged. These factors are evidenced by our library’s recognition in the “university library” category for the 2016 ACRL Excellence in Academic Libraries Award. To continue our excellence in program and services, the library is seeking an experienced and innovative Business Librarian. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing general and specialized research assistance for on-site and virtual library users; participating in user-centered, subject-specific instruction through general orientation sessions and course integrated instruction to develop information literacy competencies; collection development activities for faculty, students and staff of the Business Administration, Accounting and Economics departments of AUC member institutions. This position reports to the Assistant Head of the Research Learning and Technology Services Department.
THE IMPACT YOU WILL HAVE:
- Provides curriculum-integrated library instruction to students and faculty employing emerging learning technologies
- Creates and delivers topical research seminars, individual and group training
- Develops instructional materials, research guides, web tutorials and other resources to optimize utilization and understanding of Library resources and services
- Provides reference and research services to the students and faculty and members of the general AUC community for both on-site and remote library users including night and weekend rotations
- Provides outreach to faculty and students serving as liaison for academic programs/departments in assigned subject areas and solicits feedback on services and programs
- Participates in campus initiatives, committees, and taskforces
- Participates in activities in support of accreditation at the institutional and departmental levels
- Selects and deselects materials in all formats for collections supporting the curriculum and research needs of member institutions
- Develops and/or conducts an assessment of benchmarks for collections
- Participates in the development, implementation, and assessment of services, policies, procedures, and publications
- Participates in grant development and implementation
- Participates in library-wide initiatives through committees and task forces
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE ROLE:
- ALA accredited MLS/MLIS degree
- Demonstrated experience and/or coursework in the development of web-based instruction modules and/or information literacy tools
- Demonstrated experience performing reference and instruction services
- Demonstrated knowledge of electronic resources for Business Administration, Accounting, and Economics related to an academic research environment
- Demonstrated commitment to working in a culturally diverse environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Strong computer skills; experience in using iMACs and applicable software desirable
- Demonstrated experience with standard office software such as Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
WHAT WE OFFER:
Not only will you get to work with a group of innovative, dedicated, and motivated peers, you will also have access to all the benefits that the Robert W. Woodruff Library at AUC offers! This includes our robust compensation package that is competitive for Atlanta area academic libraries; a 403(b) employer-match; health, dental, & vision insurance; Flexible Paid Time Off and Holiday Benefits which includes; 24 days per year vacation, 12 paid company holidays, paid winter break and 12 days per year paid sick leave. In addition, we offer Flexible Spending Accounts for Healthcare and Dependent Care and a company-sponsored Employee Assistance Plan. We also offer Flexible Spending Accounts for Healthcare and Dependent Care, a company-sponsored Employee Assistance Plan, Life and Disability benefits which include company-paid basic life insurance as well as short and long term disability insurance. The Library is committed to offering opportunities for professional growth development.
Interested applicants should submit a letter of application and resume online to the Human Resources Department at this link. Please include three professional references and salary requirements. This is a non-faculty/non-tenure position. The position will remain open until filled.
**The Robert W. Woodruff Library has implemented a mandatory vaccination policy requiring Covid-19 vaccination(s) for all employees. In accordance with Robert W. Woodruff Library's duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, we are adopting this policy to safeguard the health of our employees, their families, our students, faculty and visitors from infectious diseases that may be reduced by vaccinations. In making this decision, we have reviewed recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the AUCC Covid-19 Taskforce Committee and the Morehouse School of Medicine