Associate Director of Development
NC State University Libraries Job Location: North Carolina Apply By: Open until filled Date Created: 05-23-2022
- Through strategic identification, qualification, and cultivation, build and manage a pipeline and portfolio of individual prospects with the capacity and inclination to make annual outright gifts of $1,000-$9,999 to the Libraries.
- Consistently meet individual discovery, contact, and fundraising goals including monthly meetings and participation in annual solicitations; document all development activities in a timely manner.
- Plan, design, implement, and evaluate strategies to obtain outright annual gifts and multi-year pledges to the Libraries.
- Assist the Executive Director in the discovery, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of endowment-level gifts of $50,000 (including planned gifts) and above as directed and appropriate.
- Focus on creating a new portfolio of donors by managing and moving efficiently through the discovery and qualification pipeline process.
- Assist the Executive Director in developing and implementing strategies for cultivation, solicitation, stewardship, and recognition, ensuring that prospects are advanced through the pipeline in a thoughtful and deliberate manner.
- Coordinate and host campus visits by donors, and participate in donor recognition.
- Assist the Executive Director and Libraries colleagues in managing the Friends of the Libraries Board, including working with the Board’s executive leadership and affiliated committees.
- Help guide and assist in the Libraries’ annual giving efforts, including calendar-year-end, fiscal-year-end, and Day of Giving appeals.
- Develop strategic relationships among faculty, retired faculty, alumni, friends, and campus colleagues that result in effective partnerships and increased philanthropic funding.
- Represent the Libraries at Friends of the Libraries and university-wide donor events.
- A valid driver’s license or reliable transportation.