Libraries Facilities Operations Supervisor
University at Buffalo Job Location: New York Apply By: 08/27/2022 Date Created: 08-01-2022
University at Buffalo Libraries Libraries Facilities Operations Supervisor (Assistant Facilities Program Coordinator, SL-3)The University at Buffalo Libraries seek an organized and collaborative Facilities Operations Supervisor to act as a principal representative for the University Libraries on facilities daily tasks and space planning matters. This position works closely with the Facilities Planning and Management Officer for University Libraries (FPMO) on space inventories and audits, campus and departmental renovation initiatives, and capital facilities requirements. The incumbent will have frequent interactions with University Facilities, Environmental Health and Safety, and other campus departments to ensure that the space inside the University Libraries is a clean and safe space for students, patrons, staff and faculty to work and study. As the Libraries Facilities Operations Supervisor, your key responsibilities will include:
- Completing Facilities related work requests that are submitted through the Libraries’ ticketing system.
- Monitoring the Libraries’ Chat Service to respond to and address complaints or concerns.
- Managing the distribution and tracking of keys; making copies and changing locks as needed.
- Assisting with the management and operation of the card access system.
- Serving as the primary liaison to custodial operations.
- Managing the booking of classroom spaces within the University Libraries.
- Hiring, training and supervising student assistant workers.
- Collaborating with Libraries faculty and staff to move Collections in conjunction with large projects.
- Completing the annual space report by verifying the primary occupant(s) and purpose of Libraries spaces.
- Assisting in other areas, including furniture and flooring projects, furniture and office moves, emergency planning and response, Master Plan planning and implementation and participating in vendor meetings.