Assistant Librarian - Web Architect
Texas Tech University Job Location: Texas Date Created: 07-23-2014
TITLE: Assistant Librarian – Web Architect Librarian
POSITION DESCRIPTION: This position is responsible for the development of website standards and best practices for the library web presence. The person also participates in providing access to library materials acquired by the University Libraries and contributes to the development of departmental policies and procedures. The incumbent is also expected to engage in scholarly pursuit and other professional activities in accordance with Texas Tech Library’s standards for promotion and tenure.
• Maintains excellent written and oral communication with library staff. Disseminates information that is clear to all levels of library staff in the form of email updates, attendance at staff meetings and other appropriate means.
• Works closely with the supervisor, appropriate teams and departments to establish and refine associated policies, procedures, and workflows.
• Investigates, evaluates, and recommends systems and standards for the website. Leads the ongoing development of website standards and best practices. Provides recommendations on the implementation of new web services and systems. Tracks developments of library website standards and facilitates access to resources through website development.
• Implements suitable web standards. Ensures quality, consistency, and ease of access to all library website supported systems and information.
• Assists in setting policies, priorities and practices for the library website and how systems are integrated.
• Coordinate with others who are doing research on the website or are looking to use web statistics as assessment tools.
• Provides training in the area of web content creation and management and user experience.
• Participates in the development, design, deployment and support of web services.
• Participates in the development and implementation of library policies and procedures, project planning and staff training as needed.
• Stays abreast of current developments in library issues through active participation in professional organizations and workshops. Monitors professional trends in assigned areas and makes recommendations in these areas.
• Serves on library committees and cross functional teams as assigned.
• Writes reports and prepares other documentation as needed.
• Assists with special projects as needed.
SALARY AND BENEFITS: The position is a 12-month appointment with a nationally competitive salary. Librarians and archivists have academic status and are an integral part of the academic teaching and research mission of the University. Comprehensive benefits include choice of retirement programs, including TIAA-CREF; 12-17 state holidays; developmental leave opportunities; moving allowance; and no state or local income tax.
GENERAL INFORMATION: Texas Tech University (http://www.ttu.edu/) is a state-supported institution with an enrollment of around 30,000. It offers a wide range of academic programs in colleges and schools, including graduate, law, and medicine. Texas Tech is a member of the Association of Research Libraries, Greater Western Library Alliance and Texshare. The University Library (http://library.ttu.edu/) has over 2.4 million volumes. Lubbock has a metropolitan population of over 284,000 and is the regional center for education, agriculture, health care, banking, and business.
APPLICATION INFORMATION: To apply for this position, please visit the Texas Tech University Personnel site at: http://www.texastech.edu/careers/. Please fill out the electronic application and attach a cover letter indicating qualifications and interest in the position, current vita, and names and contact information of three references. Review of applications will continue until position is filled. Texas Tech is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly encourage applications from women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and veterans, and we consider the needs of dual career couples. We actively encourage applications from all those who can contribute, through their research, teaching, and/or service, to the diversity and excellence of the academic community at Texas Tech University.