Digital Data Repository Specialist
Purdue University Job Location: Indiana Date Created: 11-24-2014
Digital Data Repository Specialist
Purdue University Libraries seeks a Digital Data Repository Specialist to join our team at the Distributed Data Curation Center (D2C2) and coordinate our cutting-edge research data repository service, PURR. The Purdue University Research Repository (http://purr.purdue.edu) provides a platform for campus researchers to develop and implement effective data management plans, collaborate on research online, publish datasets and tools, and archive them in a secure, reliable digital repository. This administrative/professional position will work with colleagues in the Office of the Vice President for Research, Information Technology at Purdue, and the Libraries to conduct the day-to-day outreach, operation, support, and improvement of the PURR system and service. Responsibilities include:
• Providing training and support to librarians and users in their use of PURR and furthering its integration into library data services
• Giving presentations and conducting outreach to PURR’s designated community to promote the service and foster its adoption and use
• Identifying, recruiting, ingesting, and enhancing new data collections as well as developing new use cases
• Documenting practices and policies and ensuring that PURR meets and continuously improves its level of service
• Actively monitoring and helping to maintain the integrity of archived datasets, access to data, and the functionality of the PURR system
• Contributing to the services and projects of the D2C2 as needed
• Master's degree in Library Science from an ALA-accredited program or terminal degree in a related field
• Understanding of the research process, current issues in scholarly communication, and the role of libraries and librarians in research data curation
• Knowledge of standards and practices related to digital object management
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Effective teamwork and collaboration skills
• Ability to build relationships and respond courteously and effectively to customer needs
• Ability to adjust productively to and communicate about change
• Ability to take initiative to learn new knowledge and skills
• Receptive to feedback and takes appropriate action in response
• Experience or training in managing and/or developing repositories and digital collections
• Experience or training in supporting and participating in scholarly communications and sponsored research
Salary and benefits: Salary commensurate with experience in the context of Purdue University’s salary structure. Purdue provides a generous fringe benefit package that includes contribution to retirement, health, disability, and life insurance, 22 annual vacation days, and tuition support for employee, children, and spouse/same sex domestic partner.
Application process: A background check will be required for employment in this position. For consideration, applicants must submit their resumes and apply online at Purdue University’s employment web site at: www.purdue.edu/careers and reference Job Number 1400407. Please include a cover letter with your application outlining your qualifications for this position. Review of applications will begin March 2014 and will continue until the position is filled. Questions can be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes or CVs sent to this email address cannot be considered. Please put “DDRS” in the title of all email correspondence.
Purdue University is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce. A background check is required for this position.