Digital Collections Coordinator
KAUST (King Abdullah University of Science and Technology) Job Location: Other Date Created: 05-16-2016
KAUST is an international graduate-level, merit-based research university dedicated to advancing scientific and technological education and research, acting as a catalyst for innovation, economic development and social prosperity in the region and the world. Our research strives to enhance the welfare of society with a special focus on four areas of global significance – food, water, energy and the environment. Based near Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, KAUST has attracted top-notch faculty and staff from all over the world, with more than 80 nations represented on campus.
KAUST is seeking a Digital Collections Coordinator to serve as the primary point of contact for creating digital collections at KAUST. S/he works closely with the Library’s Repository Services team and with the Collections Manager and Subject Specialists to provide access to information generated by KAUST’s faculty and student research. The primary responsibilities of this position are to work with Deans, Center Directors, faculty, and students to identify unique materials produced through KAUST research, to develop business proposals to curate and make discoverable these unique materials, and to work with Library staff to implement approved proposals. The Digital Collections Coordinator reports to the Systems and Digital Services Manager.
• Plan, coordinate, and manage the workflow to acquire, curate, and make available locally created digital content
• Lead, manage, and participate in the planning and implementation of projects in a variety of formats, monitor the timely progress of ongoing projects, and create documentation for project-related activities.
• Assess and report on digital collections use; make recommendations to improve continuously our digital collection services. Benchmark digital collections with peer universities and identify areas for distinction and for strategic development
• Work closely with IT colleagues to ensure our information access systems and workflows are stable, reliable, and are developed in response to community needs and technological changes.
• Work in partnership with the international digital collection community to ensure standards and best practices are developed, followed, and reviewed.
• Perform other duties in multiple operational areas of the Library as necessary
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in a library environment providing public access, collection development, or subject expertise
• Experience creating and managing digital collections in a highly collaborative environment
• Knowledge of emerging technologies and trends in digital collections, platforms, and products
• Experience with grant writing
• Working knowledge of digital preservation standards and best practices, and metadata standards including Dublin Core, MODS, and TEI
• Experience with digital repository systems
• Clear experience creating project proposals, managing cross-organizational project teams, and working with spreadsheets and integrated library systems.
• Demonstrated commitment to public service and experience interacting with a diverse population including faculty, researchers, graduate students, staff, and vendors.
• Excellent English communication skills, problem solving, and interpersonal skills.
• Able to work and learn independently and as part of a team to produce results, solve problems, initiate ideas and projects
To apply, visit: http://apptrkr.com/809425
At KAUST, we attract people from all around the world who want to create impact beyond their own achievements. Irrespective of their national origins, the people of KAUST are “people of the world” who uphold our values of achievement, passion, inspiration, citizenship, diversity, integrity, and openness. Located on the beautiful Red Sea coast of Saudi Arabia, KAUST sets exceptional standards in residences, recreational facilities and boasts a truly multicultural community environment which can be enjoyed by all, along with ample opportunities and time to keep work and life in harmony. Expats are very well looked after, with packages including tax-free salary, relocation, accommodation and various additional incentives.