Participants in the ARL/SAA Mosaic Program will enjoy the following benefits:
- Tuition stipend of up to $10,000 to be distributed in four installments of $2,500 per semester
- Paid internship in a partner archives or library organization beginning in early fall of the student’s fellowship year
Each student will be supported for up to 15 hours of internship work per week for two 15-week semesters.
- Financial assistance to participate in select Digital Archives Specialist (DAS) training events
- Mentoring from an archives professional or special collections librarian, ideally at the host institution for the internship
The mentoring component will build on SAA’s current program to effectively match protégés with mentors.
- Financial assistance of up to $1,000 for relocation to the area of the MLIS program that the participant will attend
- Student membership in SAA for two years
- Support for travel to and participation in the ARL Annual Leadership Symposium, held during the ALA Midwinter meeting in January 2020
- Support for travel to and attendance at the annual ARL/SAA Mosaic Program Leadership Forum and SAA Annual Meeting in August 2020
The forum, held in conjunction with the SAA Annual Meeting, brings together the program participants and active professionals in archival science and special collections librarianship. The primary goal of the forum is to introduce attendees to macro-level issues facing the archives and special collections profession—particularly in the context of research-intensive institutions—and provide training to develop job-search and interview skills. Download agendas from the 2017 ARL/SAA Mosaic Program Leadership Forum and the 2018 ARL/SAA Mosaic Program Leadership Forum.