2022 Arlies Featured Films
See this PDF for film descriptions.
- University of British Columbia Library – William Shakespeare’s First Folio published in 1623 gifted to UBC Library – UBC Library announces its acquisition of a complete first edition of William Shakespeare’s Comedies Histories and Tragedies—an extremely rare book published seven years after Shakespeare’s death and credited with preserving almost half of his plays
- University of Calgary Libraries and Cultural Resources – Into the Vault with Annie Murray – A special look into the University of Calgary’s Archives and Special Collections.
- Harvard Library – Light the Way Home: Eileen Southern’s Story – A student film celebrating Professor Eileen Southern, the first Black woman tenured at Harvard University’s Faculty of Arts and Sciences.
- University of Maryland Libraries – UMD Libraries Holiday Greeting 2021 – UMD Libraries celebrate the holidays with a stroll through the photo archives of the student newspaper, The Diamondback, with music provided by the University’s Madrigal Singers from 1960.
- University of Massachusetts Amherst Libraries – W.E.B. Du Bois and Museum in a Box – This video describes how UMass Amherst Libraries uses Museum in a Box to bring the W. E. B. Du Bois collections and legacy to community members.
- McGill University Library – One Minute Wonder | Red Sleigh, House, Winter by Lawren Harris – “Red Sleigh, House, Winter” by Lawren Harris comes to life in this festive, short featurette – the first in Rare & Special Collections, Osler, Art, and Archives’ One Minute Wonder series.
- Oklahoma State University Library – Flying Farmers & Farm and Home Week at OAMC – Archival footage held by the Oklahoma State University Libraries documents Oklahoma flying farmers gathering at OAMC in the 1940s at what would be the start of the National Flying farmers Association.
- University of Texas at Austin Libraries – The Benson Latin American Collection – A suite of videos highlighting the Benson Latin American Collection on the occasion of its centenary.
- University at Buffalo, SUNY, Libraries – The University at Buffalo James Joyce Collection – A promotional video on the University at Buffalo James Joyce Collection, the world’s largest and most comprehensive Joyce Collection.
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Libraries – Elaine pitches Andrew GiveUNC for University Libraries – University Librarian Elaine Westbrooks and major-league pitcher Andrew Miller toss around reasons to support UNC-Chapel Hill’s libraries… and a baseball.
- UC Berkeley Library – Welcome to a new undergraduate experience – Animated characters use VR, Makerspaces, and tech to learn together in our soon-to-be renovated undergraduate library space.
- University at Albany, SUNY, Libraries – University Libraries Support the Freedom To Read – The University Libraries reaffirm their commitment of the freedom to read.
- University of Miami Libraries – Once Upon a Time in Sunny South Florida: An Animated Holiday Greeting from the University of Miami Libraries – “Keep the World Coming to Florida: Build the University of Miami,” an iconic promotional poster created by artist Denman Fink in 1926 and housed in University Archives, was reimagined as a “moving” cinemagraph — inviting viewers on a mindful experience to explore, to dream, and to continue paving a path toward an ever brighter tomorrow during the 2021 holiday season.
- New York University Libraries – Verbatim Performance Lab: Harris/Pence – This video project, a verbatim re-enactment of the “Mr. President, I’m Speaking” moment from the 2020 vice presidential debate, aims to explore how Americans perceive political leaders and members of other political parties in today’s sharply polarized political climate.
- University of Delaware Library – What’s in a Database? – Viewers will learn how individual articles are peer-reviewed and combined into databases.
- Southern Illinois University Carbondale Library – Library Databases Versus Google – Library databases are more complicated than Google, but they are the better tool for college-level research.
- Boston Public Library – Treasures Storing Up In This Space – To celebrate the Boston Public Library during National Library Week, Alondra Bobadilla wrote and performed a stunning poem to honor libraries.
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign Library – Campaign to Transform the University Library: The Next Page of the Campus Story – A short video to raise awareness about and support for the first phase of the University Library’s building project—an archives and special collections facility.
- Texas State University Libraries – Re-Imagining Research @ Alkek One – A short film that demonstrates how students can use Alkek One equipment, spaces, educational programming, and in-house expertise to create amazing research projects.
- University of Wisconsin-Madison Libraries – 2021-2022 Fall Welcome Back! – The virtual world was our reality for more than a year, but not anymore – welcome back Badgers!