Last Updated on February 26, 2015, 4:47 pm ET
This week is Fair Use Week, an annual celebration of the important doctrines of fair use and fair dealing. It is designed to highlight and promote the opportunities presented by fair use and fair dealing, celebrate successful stories, and explain these doctrines. Cross-posted from Fair Use Week.
Check out all of the great posts from Day 1 of Fair Use Week 2015! Don’t see yours? Contact us to get yours added!
- Bobby Glushko (University of Toronto) on the Canadian Pentalogy
- University of Haifa (in Hebrew): Fair Use in Court Decisions – Recommendations for Reform
- Harvard: Day 3 With Guest Expert Laura Quilter: Fair Use: A Virtual Anthem of Empowerment and Joy for Librarians and Educators
- Authors Alliance: Why Fair Use is Good For Authors
- ALA: What else can be said about fair use?
- UCSF: Fair Use Week: Can I Use This Image?
- University of Minnesota: A Point of Certainty in Fair Use
- Organization for Transformative Works: 10 Fair Use Misconceptions
- University of Pennsylvania: Fair Use and Vampires
- EFF: Congress’s Copyright Review Should Strengthen Fair Use–Or At Least Do No Harm
- New Media Rights: Deja vu: Viacom removes Jonathan McIntosh’s Daily Show remix with 2nd abusive DMCA takedown notice see also Rebellious Pixels (Jonathan McIntosh): Deja vu: Viacom removes Daily Show remix for 2nd time and TechDirt: Viacom Issues Bogus DMCA Over Fair Use Daily Show Remix… After Promising Not To Do That Any More
- Smithsonian Libraries: Ever ask yourself…can I use this copyrighted work?
- University of Colorado Samuelson-Glushko IP Clinic: Tech Law & You Honors Fair Use Week
- St. Mary’s College of Maryland: Fair Use Week (and Every Day)
- Dartmouth: Fair Use Week 2015
- Brock University: It’s Fair Dealing Week in Canada
- Robbins Library: It’s Fair Use Week