Last Updated on February 24, 2015, 4:13 pm ET
This week is Fair Use Week, an annual celebration of the important doctrines of fair use and fair dealing. It is designed to highlight and promote the opportunities presented by fair use and fair dealing, celebrate successful stories, and explain these doctrines.
Cross-posted from Fair Use Week
Check out all of the great posts from Day 1 of Fair Use Week 2015! Don’t see yours? Contact us to get yours added!
- TechDirt: Reminder: Fair Use Is a Right — And Not ‘An Exception’ or ‘A Defense’
- UT Austin: Fair Use Week 2015
- Harvard: Day One With Guest Expert Kenneth D. Crews: Copyright, Fair Use and a Touch of Aristotle
- University of Chicago: Celebrate Fair Use Week
- Author’s Alliance: Fair Use and the Ecstasy of Influence
- Georgia State University: Fair Use Week
- Lincoln Land Community College: Fair Use Week 2015
- The Ohio State University: Fair Use in Digital Storytelling
- Northeastern University: February 23-27 is Fair Use Week!
- MIT: It’s Fair Use Week!
- UCSF: The Library Answers Your Fair Use Questions
- University of Illinois Urbana Champaign: Fair Use Week 2015: Celebrating the “Safety Valve” of U.S. Copyright Law
- UMass Amherst: Fair Use Week – How Parodies Transformed Fair Use
- Fair Dealing in Education: Happy Fair Use/Dealing Week
- Mark A. McCutcheon, Associate Professor of Literary Studies at Athabasca University: “Cut Up”: an elegaic cento made of song lyrics
- ARL (Guest post by Jonathan Band): Fair and Balanced Result in New Jersey Media Group v. Fox News Network