- This event has passed.
ARL Fall Forum 2021
Thursday, October 7, 2021 @ 12:00 pm – 6:00 pm
Building Up, Reaching Out: Talent Management in Academic Libraries through Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging
Even prior to the COVID-19 pandemic, demographic shifts and several disruptive trends in higher education signaled the need for new directions in how research library leaders recruit, manage, and retain a capable, diverse, and talented workforce. The Association last addressed this topic during the 2012 Fall Forum. Almost a decade later, library leaders must manage talent amidst continuing budget, cultural, and technological challenges. In addition, these leaders now must also develop effective approaches to provide an equitable, inclusive, and diverse work environment, amidst and after a global pandemic and open displays of racist behavior within and around the workplace. The focus on talent management for the 2021 Fall Forum will provide research library leaders a timely opportunity to examine their policies, practices, and procedures in transitional and post-pandemic environments.
This meeting, originally scheduled to be held in Washington, DC, will take place via videoconference. All times listed are eastern daylight time (EDT).
ARL Fall Forum 2021 Planning Committee
- K. Matthew Dames, University of Notre Dame, chair
- Joanne Bowman, Columbia University
- Jennifer Garrett, North Carolina State University
- Julie Hannaford, University of Toronto
- Jackie Lorrainne, Washington University in St. Louis
- Joe Lucia, Temple University
- Maurini Strub, University of Rochester
- Sue Baughman, ARL staff lead
On Social Media