- This event has passed.
ARL-SAA Digital Archives Specialist (DAS) courses
Monday, July 27, 2015 @ 9:00 am – Friday, July 31, 2015 @ 5:00 pm
Register now for the Digital Archives Specialist (DAS) courses being offered by ARL and the Society of American Archivists (SAA) at Boston College, July 27–31. You do not need to work at an ARL library to register for the courses at this site—they are open to all librarians and archivists—but the first 15 seats are reserved for ARL member institution staff.
Do you want to develop your skills for appraising, capturing, preserving, and providing access to born-digital special collections? Do you need to address privacy and confidentiality legal issues relating to your institution’s digital archives? Would you like to grow your community of colleagues, especially those located in New England? Register for one or more of these five courses:
- July 27: Preserving Digital Archives
- July 28: Arrangement and Description of Electronic Records, Part I
- July 29: Privacy and Confidentiality Issues in Digital Archives
- July 30: Digital Forensics for Archivists: Fundamentals
- July 31: Appraisal of Electronic Records
The Boston College University Libraries will host a reception for course participants on Tuesday, July 28, 5:00–7:00 p.m. in the Irish Room of the Burns Library.
Register online at the SAA website. Registration is per course—you are not required to sign up for the whole week but are offered a package discount if you do. Registration prices are based on your status as one of the following:
- SAA member: $199/day or $159/day if all five courses are taken.
- Employee of an SAA institutional member: $229/day or $189/day if all five courses are taken.
- Employee of an ARL member institution: $219/day or $179/day if all five courses are taken (a substantial discount from the non-member price). Contact Judy Ruttenberg for the co-sponsor promotion code.