- This event has passed.
ARL-SAA Digital Archives Specialist (DAS) courses
Monday, November 10, 2014 @ 9:00 am – Friday, November 14, 2014 @ 5:00 pm
Do you want to develop your skills for appraising, capturing, preserving, and providing access to born-digital special collections? Do you need to address privacy and confidentiality legal issues relating to your institution’s digital archives? Would you like to grow your community of colleagues, especially those located in the Midatlantic region of the United States? Register for one or more of these five courses:
- November 10: Preserving Digital Archives
- November 11: Appraisal of Electronic Records
- November 12: Privacy and Confidentiality Issues in Digital Archives
- November 13: Digital Forensics for Archivists, Part I
- November 14: Arrangement and Description of Electronic Records, Part I
Register online at the SAA website. Registration is per course—you are not required to sign up for the whole week but are offered a package discount if you do.
Early-bird registration prices—valid until October 31—are based on your status as one of the following:
- SAA member: $199/day or $159/day if all five courses are taken.
- Employee of an SAA institutional member: $229/day or $189/day if all five courses are taken.
- Employee of an ARL member institution: $219/day or $179/day if all five courses are taken (a substantial discount from the non-member price). Contact Judy Ruttenberg for the co-sponsor promotion code.