- This event has passed.
Controlled Digital Lending Briefing (Invitation Only)
Friday, July 31, 2020 @ 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm
Brewster Kahle and Chris Freeland of the Internet Archive and Michelle Wu formerly of Georgetown Law Library will join us on Friday, July 31 at 1:00 ET for a member-only briefing on controlled digital lending, the now closed National Emergency Library, the publishers’ lawsuit against the Internet Archive, and current library practice. The conversation will be confidential and will not be recorded. Login instructions will be sent to the ARL-DIRECTORS list.
- Internet Archive responds to publishers’ lawsuit: http://blog.archive.org/2020/
07/29/internet-archive- responds-to-publishers- lawsuit/
- Libraries participating in Internet Archive’s Open Libraries program: https://archive.org/details/
- Our collection of 1.5M books available through CDL: https://archive.org/details/
- How Internet Archive & CDL can help with course reserves this fall: http://blog.archive.org/2020/
07/30/how-internet-archive- and-controlled-digital- lending-can-help-course- reserves-this-fall/
- Endorse the position statement on controlled digital lending: https://
- Join one of our upcoming webinars about CDL: http://openlibraries.online/
- Share talking points about CDL and the lawsuit (COMING SOON, based on interest expressed in the session!)
Reach out to Chris Freeland (firstname.lastname@example.org) with questions.