- This event has passed.
Implementing Effective Data Practices: A Conference on Collaborative Research Support (Invitation Only)
Wednesday, December 11, 2019 @ 8:30 am – Thursday, December 12, 2019 @ 3:00 pm
The conference, to be held December 11–12, 2019 in Washington, DC, is convening research data stakeholders to discuss the current state of persistent identifiers for datasets and machine readable data management plans. The conference is organized by ARL, the California Digital Library (CDL), the Association of American Universities (AAU), and the Association of Public and Land-Grant Universities (APLU).
The conference is an invitation-only two-day workshop (8:30 a.m.–5:00 p.m. on December 11 and 8:30 a.m.–3:00 p.m. on December 12) for experts across the research data landscape. The overall goal is to explore the ways that these stakeholders can assist in implementing a more connected ecosystem for research data outputs. Specifically, the conference will identify and determine:
- what barriers exist to implementing persistent identifiers and machine readable data management plans;
- what kinds of model workflows might address those barriers, while minimizing faculty burden;
- what implementation means for institutional data governance (e.g., sharing DMPs across campus units, between institutions, and publicly);
- findings to bring back to policymakers, funding agencies, and institutions so they can engage in a discussion about next steps; and
- recommendations of effective practices for grants offices, including guidance to their researchers.
Please see the Program Agenda
This event is supported by the National Science Foundation under Grant No. 1945938
Cynthia Hudson-Vitale, Penn State University
Natalie Meyers, University of Notre Dame
Maria Praetzellis, California Digital Library
Kacy Redd, Association of Public and Land-grant Universities
Judy Ruttenberg, Association of Research Libraries
Katie Steen, Association of American Universities
Jennifer Muilenburg, University of Washington
Please contact Judy Ruttenberg (email@example.com) with any questions.