- This event has passed.
Library Management Skills Institute I: The Manager
Tuesday, July 10, 2018 @ 9:00 am – Thursday, July 12, 2018 @ 5:00 pm
The Library Management Skills Institute I: The Manager, offered by the ARL Academy in partnership with DeEtta Jones and Associates, and co-hosted by Rice University Library will take place July 10–12, 2018 at Rice University”s Fondren Library, Kyle Morrow Room. The three-day workshop is for supervisors, department heads, team and project leaders, and managers interested in developing their awareness, skills and confidence as a leader and manager. This highly interactive workshop engages learning through case studies, personal reflection, practical application tools, and group discussions.
- Practice using tools and techniques that nurture an inclusive workplace culture.
- Have a greater awareness of individual preferences and implications for managerial behaviors.
- Be able to use a variety of influencing strategies and use different strategies in different situations.
- Practice using differentiated approaches to motivation that increase employee engagement levels.
- Use structured processes for helping groups reach decisions that have strong buy-in.
- Practice giving constructive feedback that leads to changed behavior.
- Be empowered as organizational culture and change facilitators.
Gary Wasdin and Tyler Dzuba
*Note: Facilitators’ schedules are subject to change.
Fee: $1,200 for participants from ARL member libraries; $1,300 for all others. This fee covers all materials for the institute and breakfast and lunch each day. Participants are responsible for covering hotel accommodations, travel, and evening meals.
Registration: Register online by Wednesday, June 27, 2018. Space for this event will be limited.
Hotels for Participants
Hilton Houston Plaza/Medical Center ($159 per night, Monday–Friday, July 9–13; reserve by Friday, June 29)
6633 Travis St.
Houston, TX 77030
- William P. Hobby Airport, 13 miles away
- George Bush Intercontinental Airport, 26 miles away
Written requests for cancellation will be honored through June 26, 2018, with a $120 cancellation fee. After that date, no refund will be given. Registration and payment may be transferred to another individual at your institution. Registrations may not be transferred to another event in this series. Please send cancellation requests to email@example.com.