- This event has passed.
Library Management Skills Institute I: The Manager
Tuesday, August 7, 2018 @ 9:00 am – Thursday, August 9, 2018 @ 5:00 pm
The Library Management Skills Institute I: The Manager, offered by the ARL Academy in partnership with DeEtta Jones and Associates, and co-hosted by Indiana University Bloomington Library will take place August 7–9, 2018 at Indiana University Bloomington, Wells Library. The three-day workshop is for supervisors, department heads, team and project leaders, and managers interested in developing their awareness, skills and confidence as a leader and manager. This highly interactive workshop engages learning through case studies, personal reflection, practical application tools, and group discussions.
- Practice using tools and techniques that nurture an inclusive workplace culture.
- Have a greater awareness of individual preferences and implications for managerial behaviors.
- Be able to use a variety of influencing strategies and use different strategies in different situations.
- Practice using differentiated approaches to motivation that increase employee engagement levels.
- Use structured processes for helping groups reach decisions that have strong buy-in.
- Practice giving constructive feedback that leads to changed behavior.
- Be empowered as organizational culture and change facilitators.
DeEtta Jones and Jerome Offord, Jr.
*Note: Facilitators’ schedules are subject to change.
Fee: $1,200 for participants from ARL member libraries; $1,300 for all others. This fee covers all materials for the institute and breakfast and lunch each day. Participants are responsible for covering hotel accommodations, travel, and evening meals.
Registration: Register online by Wednesday, July 25, 2018. Space for this event will be limited.
Hotels for Participants
Hyatt Place Bloomington
217 West Kirkwood Avenue
Bloomington, Indiana 47404
Make a reservation ($109 per room per night; Group: IU Library Groups)
Biddle Hotel Indiana Memorial Union
900 E. Seventh Street
Bloomington, IN 47405
Make a reservation
Written requests for cancellation will be honored through July 24, 2018, with a $120 cancellation fee. After that date, no refund will be given. Registration and payment may be transferred to another individual at your institution. Registrations may not be transferred to another event in this series. Please send cancellation requests to firstname.lastname@example.org.