- This event has passed.
Library Management Skills Institute I: The Manager
Tuesday, September 18, 2018 @ 9:00 am – Thursday, September 20, 2018 @ 5:00 pm
The Library Management Skills Institute I: The Manager, offered by the ARL Academy in partnership with DeEtta Jones and Associates, and co-hosted by the University of Rochester Library, University at Buffalo Libraries, Cornell University Library, and Syracuse University Libraries will take place September 18–20, 2018 at University of Rochester. The three-day workshop is for supervisors, department heads, team and project leaders, and managers interested in developing their awareness, skills and confidence as a leader and manager. This highly interactive workshop engages learning through case studies, personal reflection, practical application tools, and group discussions.
- Practice using tools and techniques that nurture an inclusive workplace culture.
- Have a greater awareness of individual preferences and implications for managerial behaviors.
- Be able to use a variety of influencing strategies and use different strategies in different situations.
- Practice using differentiated approaches to motivation that increase employee engagement levels.
- Use structured processes for helping groups reach decisions that have strong buy-in.
- Practice giving constructive feedback that leads to changed behavior.
- Be empowered as organizational culture and change facilitators.
DeEtta Jones and Jerome Offord, Jr.
*Note: Facilitators’ schedules are subject to change.
Fee: $1,200 for participants from ARL member libraries; $1,300 for all others. This fee covers all materials for the institute and breakfast and lunch each day. Participants are responsible for covering hotel accommodations, travel, and evening meals.
Registration: Register online by Tuesday, August 28, 2018. Space for this event will be limited.
Hotels for Participants
Hilton Garden Inn Collegetown
30 Celebration Drive
Rochester, NY 14620
Make a reservation
Staybridge Suites Rochester University
1000 Genesee Street
Rochester, NY 14611
Make a reservation
Written requests for cancellation will be honored through September 4, 2018, with a $120 cancellation fee. After that date, no refund will be given. Registration and payment may be transferred to another individual at your institution. Registrations may not be transferred to another event in this series. Please send cancellation requests to firstname.lastname@example.org.