- This event has passed.
Library Management Skills Institute I: The Manager
Wednesday, March 6 @ 9:00 am – Friday, March 8 @ 4:30 pm
The Library Management Skills Institute I: The Manager, offered by the ARL Academy in partnership with DeEtta Jones and Associates, and co-hosted by the University of Miami Libraries will take place March 6–8, 2019 at the Newman Alumni Center, University of Miami. The three-day workshop is for supervisors, department heads, team and project leaders, and managers interested in developing their awareness, skills and confidence as a leader and manager. This highly interactive workshop engages learning through case studies, personal reflection, practical application tools, and group discussions.
- Practice using tools and techniques that nurture an inclusive workplace culture.
- Have a greater awareness of individual preferences and implications for managerial behaviors.
- Be able to use a variety of influencing strategies and use different strategies in different situations.
- Practice using differentiated approaches to motivation that increase employee engagement levels.
- Use structured processes for helping groups reach decisions that have strong buy-in.
- Practice giving constructive feedback that leads to changed behavior.
- Be empowered as organizational culture and change facilitators.
Gary Wasdin and Emily Goff
*Note: Facilitators’ schedules are subject to change.
Fee: $1,200 for participants from ARL member libraries; $1,300 for all others. This fee covers all materials for the institute and breakfast and lunch each day. Participants are responsible for covering hotel accommodations, travel, and evening meals.
Registration: Register online by Wednesday, February 13, 2019. Space for this event will be limited.
Hotels for Participants
**Rates subject to hotel availability
Mayfair Coconut Grove
Link includes the code (Code: UOM)
3000 Florida Ave, Coconut Grove, FL 33133
Courtyard Miami Dadeland
9075 S Dadeland Blvd, Miami, FL 33156
Biltmore Hotel Coral Gables
$299/night (Code: UNIMIA)
1200 Anastasia Ave, Coral Gables, FL 33134
Hyatt Regency Coral Gables
$280/night (ask for UM rate)
50 Alhambra Plaza, Coral Gables, FL 33134
Courtyard by Marriott Coral Gables
2051 S Le Jeune Rd, Coral Gables, FL 33134
$217/night (Code: UOM)
Written requests for cancellation will be honored through February 13, 2019, with a $120 cancellation fee. After that date, no refund will be given. Registration and payment may be transferred to another individual at your institution. Registrations may not be transferred to another event in this series. Please send cancellation requests to firstname.lastname@example.org.