- This event has passed.
Library Management Skills Institute I: The Manager
Wednesday, May 16, 2018 @ 9:00 am – Friday, May 18, 2018 @ 5:00 pm
The Library Management Skills Institute I: The Manager, offered by the ARL Academy in partnership with DeEtta Jones and Associates, and co-hosted by Yale University Library will take place May 16–18, 2018 at Yale University at the Sterling Memorial Library in New Haven, Connecticut. The three-day workshop is for supervisors, department heads, team and project leaders, and managers interested in developing their awareness, skills and confidence as a leader and manager. This highly interactive workshop engages learning through case studies, personal reflection, practical application tools, and group discussions.
After participating in the institute, you will:
- Have a reinforced understanding of facilitative leadership as a management philosophy
- Have a greater awareness of your individual behavioral preferences as a manager
- Be able to recognize your own and others’ abilities to influence and appropriately use power
- Understand the decision-making options available to individuals and groups
- Have experience using tools for giving feedback and coaching employees
- Have a better understanding of the role of manager as organizational change facilitator
We’re sorry, this event has reached capacity as of February 7, 2018. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to a wait list.
Fee: $700 for participants from ARL member libraries; $775 for all others. This fee covers all materials for the institute and breakfast and lunch each day. Participants are responsible for covering hotel accommodations, travel, and evening meals.