- This event has passed.
Library Management Skills Institute II: The Organization
Tuesday, July 23 @ 9:00 am – Thursday, July 25 @ 5:00 pm$1100.00 – $1200.00
The Library Management Skills Institute II: The Organization, offered by the ARL Academy in partnership with DeEtta Jones and Associates, and co-hosted by Indiana University Bloomington Libraries, will take place July 23–25, 2019 at Indiana University Bloomington Libraries in room E159, Hazelbaker Hall. The three-day workshop is for supervisors, department heads, coordinators, team and project leaders, and change agents. This learning experience is designed using Peter Senge’s renowned Learning Organization as the framework and participants will be introduced to each of the five disciplines. Participants will learn through case studies, personal reflection, practical application tools, and group discussions.
- Have a sophisticated understanding of organizational learning and how the associated practices positively impact inclusion, organizational health, positioning, and growth.
- Practice engaging colleagues in processes that clarify vision and create momentum.
- Have practical tools for engaging change in their organizations.
- Have tools for differently approaching long-standing problems.
- Increase empathy related to different roles in the organization, and act as a bridge across stakeholder groups.
Emily Goff and Kathleen DeLong
*Note: Facilitators’ schedules are subject to change.
Fee: $1,100.00 (USD) for participants from ARL member libraries; $1,200.00 for all others. This fee covers all materials for the institute and breakfast and lunch each day. Participants are responsible for covering hotel accommodations, travel, and evening meals.
Registration: Register online by Friday, July 5, 2019 (11:59 p.m., eastern daylight time). Space for this event will be limited.
Hotels for Participants
Indiana Memorial Union (IMU) Biddle Hotel, on Indiana University campus
900 E 7th St
Bloomington, IN 47405
Hyatt Place, Bloomington
217 W Kirkwood Ave
Bloomington, IN 47404
Graduate Bloomington (Group Code: 190722HERM)
210 E Kirkwood Ave
Bloomington, IN 47408
Written requests for cancellation will be honored through July 5, 2019, with a $120 cancellation fee. After that date, no refund will be given. Registration and payment may be transferred to another individual at your institution. Registrations may not be transferred to another event in this series. Please send cancellation requests to email@example.com.