- This event has passed.
Library Management Skills Institute II: The Organization (Invitation Only)
Tuesday, February 19 @ 9:00 am – Thursday, February 21 @ 5:00 pm
The Library Management Skills Institute II: The Organization, offered by the ARL Academy in partnership with DeEtta Jones and Associates, and co-hosted by the University of California, Berkeley Library and the University of California, Davis Library, will take place February 19–21, 2019 at Doe Library, Room 303, UC Berkeley. The three-day workshop is for supervisors, department heads, coordinators, team and project leaders, and change agents. This learning experience is designed using Peter Senge”s renowned Learning Organization as the framework and participants will be introduced to each of the five disciplines. Participants will learn through case studies, personal reflection, practical application tools, and group discussions.
- Have a sophisticated understanding of organizational learning and how the associated practices positively impact inclusion, organizational health, positioning, and growth.
- Practice engaging colleagues in processes that clarify vision and create momentum.
- Have practical tools for engaging change in their organizations.
- Have tools for differently approaching long-standing problems.
- Increase empathy related to different roles in the organization, and act as a bridge across stakeholder groups.
*Note: Facilitators’ schedules are subject to change.
Hotels for Participants
Berkeley City Club
2315 Durant Ave.
Berkeley, CA 94704
2600 Durant Ave.
Berkeley, CA 94704
Hotel Shattuck Plaza
2086 Allston Way
Berkeley, CA 94706
Registration is by invitation only. Participants are responsible for covering hotel accommodations, travel, and evening meals.
Written requests for cancellation will be honored through January 28, 2019, with a $120 cancellation fee. After that date, no refund will be given. Registration and payment may be transferred to another individual at your institution. Registrations may not be transferred to another event in this series. Please send cancellation requests to firstname.lastname@example.org.