- This event has passed.
Library Management Skills Institute II: The Organization (Invitation Only)
Tuesday, October 15, 2019 @ 9:00 am – Thursday, October 17, 2019 @ 5:00 pm$1100.00
The Library Management Skills Institute II: The Organization, offered by the ARL Academy in partnership with DeEtta Jones and Associates, and co-hosted by the USMAI Library Consortium will take place October 15–17, 2019 at the Loyola University Maryland Graduate Center—Columbia Campus. The three-day workshop is for supervisors, department heads, coordinators, team and project leaders, and change agents. This learning experience is designed using Peter Senge’s renowned Learning Organization as the framework and participants will be introduced to each of the five disciplines. Participants will learn through case studies, personal reflection, practical application tools, and group discussions.
- Have a sophisticated understanding of organizational learning and how the associated practices positively impact inclusion, organizational health, positioning, and growth.
- Practice engaging colleagues in processes that clarify vision and create momentum.
- Have practical tools for engaging change in their organizations.
- Have tools for differently approaching long-standing problems.
- Increase empathy related to different roles in the organization, and act as a bridge across stakeholder groups.
Emily Goff and Myra Henry
*Note: Facilitators’ schedules are subject to change.
Registration for this event is by invitation only.
Hotels for Participants
Please visit this page for hotel information.
Written requests for cancellation will be honored through October 4, 2019, with a $120 cancellation fee. After that date, no refund will be given. Registration and payment may be transferred to another individual at your institution. Registrations may not be transferred to another event in this series. Please send cancellation requests to email@example.com.