- This event has passed.
Library Management Skills Institute II: The Organization
Tuesday, August 6 @ 9:00 am – Thursday, August 8 @ 5:00 pm$1150.00 – $1250.00
The Library Management Skills Institute II: The Organization, offered by the ARL Academy in partnership with DeEtta Jones and Associates, and co-hosted by the University of Texas at Austin Libraries, will take place August 6–8, 2019 at the University of Texas at Austin. The three-day workshop is for supervisors, department heads, coordinators, team and project leaders, and change agents. This learning experience is designed using Peter Senge’s renowned Learning Organization as the framework and participants will be introduced to each of the five disciplines. Participants will learn through case studies, personal reflection, practical application tools, and group discussions.
- Have a sophisticated understanding of organizational learning and how the associated practices positively impact inclusion, organizational health, positioning, and growth.
- Practice engaging colleagues in processes that clarify vision and create momentum.
- Have practical tools for engaging change in their organizations.
- Have tools for differently approaching long-standing problems.
- Increase empathy related to different roles in the organization, and act as a bridge across stakeholder groups.
*Note: Facilitator schedules are subject to change.
Fee: $1,150.00 (USD) for participants from ARL member libraries; $1,250.00 for all others. This fee covers all materials for the institute and breakfast and lunch each day. Participants are responsible for covering hotel accommodations, travel, and evening meals.
Registration: Register online by Friday, July 26, 2019 (11:59 p.m., eastern daylight time). Space for this event will be limited.
Hotels for Participants
AT&T Executive Education and Conference Center
1900 University Ave
Austin, TX 78705
Hampton Inn & Suites Austin @ The University
1701 Lavaca St.
Austin, TX 78701
Embassy Suites by Hilton Austin Downtown
300 South Congress Ave
Austin, TX 78704
Written requests for cancellation will be honored through July 19, 2019, with a $120 cancellation fee. After that date, no refund will be given. Registration and payment may be transferred to another individual at your institution. Registrations may not be transferred to another event in this series. Please send cancellation requests to firstname.lastname@example.org.