- This event has passed.
Resources for Everyone: Charleston Preconference on Producing Learning Resources for Users of All Abilities
Wednesday, November 4, 2015 @ 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
Understanding diverse user experiences and developing new ideas and transparent approaches to serving users of all abilities brings new dimensions to the world of libraries. To advance conversations and action in this area, the Association of Research Libraries (ARL) is offering a preconference on producing and providing access to accessible learning resources, the day before the 2015 Charleston Conference, Wednesday, November 4, 9:00 a.m.–noon.
Multiple speakers will offer attendees a unique kaleidoscopic glimpse into the world of library users with print disabilities, incorporating technology demonstrations, a review of national and international legislative guidelines, and user input. This session will also offer the opportunity for the audience to raise questions in a forum-style format, engaging with speakers and library patrons to tackle topics of digital- and print-format accessibility and opportunities for libraries and publishers to grow in this area.
Speakers will include:
- Judy Ruttenberg, Program Director, Association of Research Libraries
- Kathryn Cornell Webster, Analytical and Innovative Mathematics, Business, and Computer Science Student, Wake Forest University
- Binky Lush, Manager of Discovery, Access, and Web Services, Penn State University Libraries
- Charlotte Innerd, Head, Collection Development and Acquisitions, Wilfrid Laurier University Library
- Nancy King, Director of Product Management, EBSCO
Event Details and Registration
Title: Resources for Everyone: Challenges and Opportunities in Producing Learning Resources for Users of All Abilities
Date: Wednesday, November 4, 2015
Time: 9:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m.
Location: Charleston, South Carolina
Registration: You may register for the preconference when you register for the full conference or you may register for the preconference separately by e-mailing Sharna Williams at email@example.com.