University of Minnesota has used the following statement on signs at its libraries’ entrances and on the libraries’ website, beginning in December 2016.
The Libraries welcomes learners and scholars
from all cultures and backgrounds.
- We are committed to providing a safe, open environment, and the broadest possible access to quality information.
- We do not tolerate disruptive behavior, harassment, or hateful acts.
- We are open to all and to all points of view.
- We strive to reflect our community by embracing the diversity of people and ideas.
- We are here to assist you.
Please do not hesitate to ask for our help.
Our Libraries policy: