The Operations Manager position is responsible for all aspects of the management of NU Library's Oak Grove Library Center, a state-of-the art high density shelving facility in Waukegan, IL.
Reporting to the Associate University Librarian for Planning and Facilities, this position manages all aspects of the daily operations of the Oak Grove Library Center, including coordinating daily transportation of materials to and from sending libraries; logistics and planning of all workflows, coordinating facility maintenance and supervising the work of three staff.
The Oak Grove Library Center is a High Density Library Shelving Facility. The storage module is kept year round at a constant 50°F and 35% Humidity. Materials are stored at heights of up to 30 feet. Materials are moved in plastic totes that may weigh as much as 70 pounds each; ability to lift and carry up to 70 pounds is required. Shelves are accessed using an electric powered Orderpicker lift truck which raises the driver and work platform to required heights up to 25 feet. The processing areas are "office" conditions.
- A bachelor's degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired;
- Minimum of four years of library or distribution operations experience;
- Project management experience;
- Competency with MS Office package, especially Excel;
- Supervisory experience;
- Valid driver's license; willingness to travel between Evanston and Waukegan on a regular basis;
- Ability to perform physical work for long periods of time; pulling books from the shelves, re-shelving, pushing very heavy full book trucks with assistance, etc.;
- Willingness to operate an Orderpicker.
- Experience in planning or managing high density shelving storage facilities;
- Experience with Library-specific inventory and materials movement systems;
- Experience with inventory control technologies and online library catalogs
- Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONECandidates must apply using the NU HR website at http://www.northwestern.edu/hr/careers/index.html
- Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE
To most easily find the position, do an Advanced search for Job ID 23789.
As per Northwestern University policy, this position requires a criminal background check. Successful applicants will need to submit to a criminal background check prior to employment.
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes including veterans and individuals with disabilities.