- This event has passed.
Library Management Skills Institute I: The Manager
Tuesday, January 22, 2019 @ 9:00 am – Thursday, January 24, 2019 @ 4:30 pm
The Library Management Skills Institute I: The Manager, offered by the ARL Academy in partnership with DeEtta Jones and Associates, and co-hosted by the Texas Tech University Libraries will take place January 22–24, 2019 at Texas Tech University Libraries (room TBD). The three-day workshop is for supervisors, department heads, team and project leaders, and managers interested in developing their awareness, skills and confidence as a leader and manager. This highly interactive workshop engages learning through case studies, personal reflection, practical application tools, and group discussions.
- Practice using tools and techniques that nurture an inclusive workplace culture.
- Have a greater awareness of individual preferences and implications for managerial behaviors.
- Be able to use a variety of influencing strategies and use different strategies in different situations.
- Practice using differentiated approaches to motivation that increase employee engagement levels.
- Use structured processes for helping groups reach decisions that have strong buy-in.
- Practice giving constructive feedback that leads to changed behavior.
- Be empowered as organizational culture and change facilitators.
Leah Dunn and Paula Jenkins
*Note: Facilitators’ schedules are subject to change.
Fee: $1,240 for participants from ARL member libraries; $1,340 for all others. This fee covers all materials for the institute and breakfast each day. Participants are responsible for covering hotel accommodations, travel, lunch, and evening meals.
Registration: Register online by Friday, January 4, 2019. Space for this event will be limited.
Hotels for Participants
Overton Hotel and Conference Center (has shuttle to TTU)
2322 Mac Davis Lane
Lubbock, TX 79401
Hyatt Place Lubbock (has shuttle to TTU)
2309 Mac Davis Lane
Lubbock, TX 79401
Staybridge Suites Lubbock
2515 19th Street
Lubbock, TX 79410
Written requests for cancellation will be honored through January 4, 2019, with a $120 cancellation fee. After that date, no refund will be given. Registration and payment may be transferred to another individual at your institution. Registrations may not be transferred to another event in this series. Please send cancellation requests to firstname.lastname@example.org.