- This event has passed.
Library Management Skills Institute II: The Organization
Tuesday, December 4, 2018 @ 9:00 am – Thursday, December 6, 2018 @ 4:30 pm
The Library Management Skills Institute II: The Organization, offered by the ARL Academy in partnership with DeEtta Jones and Associates, and co-hosted by the Pennsylvania State University Libraries, will take place December 4–6, 2018 in the Pattee and Paterno Library, Paterno 103, Mann Assembly Room. The three-day workshop is for supervisors, department heads, coordinators, team and project leaders, and change agents. This learning experience is designed using Peter Senge”s renowned Learning Organization as the framework and participants will be introduced to each of the five disciplines. Participants will learn through case studies, personal reflection, practical application tools, and group discussions.
- Have a sophisticated understanding of organizational learning and how the associated practices positively impact inclusion, organizational health, positioning, and growth.
- Practice engaging colleagues in processes that clarify vision and create momentum.
- Have practical tools for engaging change in their organizations.
- Have tools for differently approaching long-standing problems.
- Increase empathy related to different roles in the organization, and act as a bridge across stakeholder groups.
Gary Wasdin and Tyler Dzuba
*Note: Facilitators’ schedules are subject to change.
Fee: $1,100.00 (USD) for participants from ARL member libraries; $1,200.00 for all others. This fee covers all materials for the institute and breakfast and lunch each day. Participants are responsible for covering hotel accommodations, travel, and evening meals.
Registration: Register online by: November 19, 2018 (11:59 p.m., pacific standard time). Space for this event will be limited.
Hotels for Participants
Nittany Lion Inn (Group Code LMSI8D)
$124/night (rooms at the group rate are first-come, first-serve)
200 W Park Ave
State College, PA 16803
The Penn Stater Hotel and Conference Center
215 Innovation Blvd
State College, PA 16803
Written requests for cancellation will be honored through November 19, 2018, with a $120 cancellation fee. After that date, no refund will be given. Registration and payment may be transferred to another individual at your institution. Registrations may not be transferred to another event in this series. Please send cancellation requests to firstname.lastname@example.org.