- This event has passed.
Library Management Skills Institute I: The Manager
Tuesday, November 27, 2018 @ 9:00 am – Thursday, November 29, 2018 @ 4:30 pm
The Library Management Skills Institute I: The Manager, offered by the ARL Academy in partnership with DeEtta Jones and Associates, and co-hosted by the University of Alberta Libraries will take place November 27–29, 2018 at University of Alberta Cameron Library. The three-day workshop is for supervisors, department heads, team and project leaders, and managers interested in developing their awareness, skills and confidence as a leader and manager. This highly interactive workshop engages learning through case studies, personal reflection, practical application tools, and group discussions.
- Practice using tools and techniques that nurture an inclusive workplace culture.
- Have a greater awareness of individual preferences and implications for managerial behaviors.
- Be able to use a variety of influencing strategies and use different strategies in different situations.
- Practice using differentiated approaches to motivation that increase employee engagement levels.
- Use structured processes for helping groups reach decisions that have strong buy-in.
- Practice giving constructive feedback that leads to changed behavior.
- Be empowered as organizational culture and change facilitators.
DeEtta Jones and Emily Goff
*Note: Facilitators’ schedules are subject to change.
Fee: $1,200 for participants from ARL member libraries; $1,300 for all others. This fee covers all materials for the institute and breakfast each day. Participants are responsible for covering hotel accommodations, travel, lunch, and evening meals.
Registration: Register online by Monday, November 5, 2018. Space for this event will be limited.
Hotels for Participants
Campus Towers (across the street from the university grounds)
11145 87 Ave, NW
Edmonton, AB T6G 0Y1
Metterra Hotel (necessary to take a cab to campus)
10454 82 Ave, NW
Edmonton, AB T6E 4Z7
Varscona Hotel (necessary to take a cab to campus)
4208 106 St NW
Edmonton, AB T6E 6R9
Written requests for cancellation will be honored through November 5, 2018, with a $120 cancellation fee. After that date, no refund will be given. Registration and payment may be transferred to another individual at your institution. Registrations may not be transferred to another event in this series. Please send cancellation requests to firstname.lastname@example.org.