- This event has passed.
Library Management Skills Institute II: The Organization (Invitation Only)
Tuesday, October 16, 2018 @ 9:00 am – Thursday, October 18, 2018 @ 5:00 pm
The Library Management Skills Institute II: The Organization, offered by the ARL Academy in partnership with DeEtta Jones and Associates, and co-hosted by the UCLA Library and the University of Southern California Libraries, will take place October 16–18, 2018 at UCLA (room TBD). The three-day workshop is for supervisors, department heads, coordinators, team and project leaders, and change agents. This learning experience is designed using Peter Senge”s renowned Learning Organization as the framework and participants will be introduced to each of the five disciplines. Participants will learn through case studies, personal reflection, practical application tools, and group discussions.
- Have a sophisticated understanding of organizational learning and how the associated practices positively impact inclusion, organizational health, positioning, and growth.
- Practice engaging colleagues in processes that clarify vision and create momentum.
- Have practical tools for engaging change in their organizations.
- Have tools for differently approaching long-standing problems.
- Increase empathy related to different roles in the organization, and act as a bridge across stakeholder groups.
DeEtta Jones and Jenny Engstrom
*Note: Facilitators’ schedules are subject to change.
Registration for this event is by invitation only. Participants are responsible for covering hotel accommodations, travel, and evening meals.