- This event has passed.
Recover, Retrench, Reset: An IARLA Symposium
Wednesday, June 3 @ 10:00 am – 12:15 pm
This virtual meeting, convened by the International Alliance of Research Library Associations (IARLA), will explore the future reinstatement of onsite library services in the post- or recurring-COVID-19 environment. The event will include speakers from across IARLA’s membership and will enable research libraries to share their plans for the reopening and reconfiguration of library buildings, and to place these plans within an international context. Research library directors and senior decision-makers are the intended audience for this event.
- Lauren Pressley, Associate Dean for Research & Learning Services, University of Washington
- Vivian Lewis, University Librarian, McMaster University
- Helen Shenton, Librarian and College Archivist, Trinity College Dublin
- Jessica Gardner, University Librarian and Director of Library Services, University of Cambridge
- Chris Banks, Assistant Provost (Space) and Director of Library Services, Imperial College, University of London
- Jill Benn, University Librarian, University of Western Australia
- Lorraine Haricombe, Vice Provost and Director of Libraries, University of Texas
IARLA is an alliance of research library associations representing constituents in Australia, Canada, Europe, the United Kingdom, and the United States. We develop agreed positions in order to advance an international research library agenda particularly in order to advance open scholarship.