Eighteen teams from ARL libraries developed a pilot project in response to one of the five research questions. The pilots are two types of research activities: a project that is a formal, original research study, facilitated by ARL and its members or a practice brief documenting research-based information that improves library assessment work.
- (How) does the library help to increase research productivity and impact?
- (How) do library spaces facilitate innovative research, creative thinking, and problem-solving?
- (How) does the library contribute to equitable student outcomes and an inclusive learning environment?
- (How) do the library’s special collections specifically support and promote teaching, learning, and research?
- (How) do the library’s collections play a role in attracting and retaining top researchers and faculty to the institution?