Association Meeting, Spring 2022 (Invitation Only)
Tuesday, April 26 – Thursday, April 28
Please Make Plans to Meet in Toronto April 26–28!
ARL and the Canadian Association of Research Libraries (CARL) are excited to announce that the Joint General Meeting will take place at the InterContinental Toronto Centre on Tuesday–Thursday, April 26–28, 2022. We plan to celebrate being together in person, to provide plenty of opportunities for attendees to network, and to engage on topics related to leadership and international collaboration during a time of significant transformations.
With programs and speakers forthcoming, please find details below on our COVID-19 safety measures and reserving your hotel room at our negotiated conference rate.
Please know that, should the meeting need to move to a virtual platform (or to hybrid), the announcement will be made as soon as possible.
COVID-19 Safety Measures
ARL and CARL are taking the necessary steps to ensure the health and safety of our members, staff, and guests, and to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in compliance with regulations and other requirements that have been issued by the Province of Ontario, the City of Toronto, and public health officials.
To this end, we are taking the following measures:
- Mandatory Vaccination: All attendees (including employees, members, and guests) will be required to provide proof of full vaccination (currently two doses, the last of which was received at least 14 days prior to their attendance) and a photo ID in order to participate in person and to enter meeting and reception spaces. This information will be collected via a third-party service.
- On-Site Screening for COVID-19: Question-based screening will be performed at the registration desk for all attendees.
- Masking: All persons entering or remaining in the premises or in enclosed common areas will be required to wear a mask.
- Physical Distancing: Physical distancing of at least two meters/six feet between individuals who are not part of the same household will be enforced.
- Hand Hygiene: Alcohol-based hand sanitizer with greater than 70% alcohol will be available at all entrances/exits to the meeting spaces and all individuals will be encouraged to perform hand hygiene when entering and leaving the premises.
- Enhanced Cleaning: The hotel (and meeting-service providers) will ensure the proper cleaning and disinfection of all audiovisual equipment and meeting spaces.
These health measures are subject to change as the pandemic continues to evolve.
International Travel Considerations (for US-Based Members and Guests)
During the pandemic, international travelers have been subjected to vaccination and/or testing requirements when entering a new country as well as upon returning to their country of origin.
- A pre-entry molecular (rapid antigen tests are NOT accepted) test result taken within 72 hours of your scheduled flight or arrival at a land-border crossing to enter Canada
- The use of ArriveCAN to provide mandatory travel information on and after your entry into Canada
- You may be required to take a COVID-19 test upon arrival (if randomly selected)
Currently, the United States requires the following for reentry:
- The results of a COVID-19 viral test (regardless of vaccination status) before you travel by air into the United States. The viral test must be conducted on a sample taken no more than three days before the flight’s departure from a foreign country if you show proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Again, these requirements are subject to change as the pandemic evolves. We will share information as it becomes available.
While attendees will be responsible for securing their own testing prior to entry into Canada, the Association is working to secure a third party to conveniently perform the requisite testing for your return to the US (at your own expense).
Accommodation and Meeting Venue Information
InterContinental Toronto Centre
225 Front St W
Toronto ON M5V 2X3
A block of rooms has been reserved for attendees of the 2022 Joint General Meeting at a special rate. We encourage all attendees to stay at the meeting hotel to ensure ARL and CARL fulfill our contract obligations.
Those who book within the block will be automatically entered into a drawing for two awards of a weekend stay for two, at the Intercontinental Toronto Centre, at a future date.
Room Rate: Can$279.00, plus taxes (single or double occupancy)
Group: “ARL 2022 Spring Membership Conference” (provide this information when booking your room to receive the negotiated room rate). Rooms may be booked by visiting https://book.passkey.com/go/ARL2022
The guest-room block is reserved from Saturday, April 23, to Friday, April 29, 2022. PLEASE BOOK BEFORE MARCH 30, 2022. Any reservations made after this date will be based on availability.
The program will be finalized and registration will open in early February 2022. ARL and CARL are looking forward to returning to in-person meetings and to seeing you in Toronto!
If you have any questions, please contact Jaymey Butler, ARL associate director, Events, email@example.com, or Kasia Kozyra-Kocikowska, CARL administrative officer and event coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org.